Phillips, Problem Solvers Caucus Deliver Bipartisan Priorities to President Biden
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Vice Chair Dean Phillips (MN-03) and his colleagues on the Problem Solvers Caucus (PSC) sent a letter to President Joe Biden outlining an agenda for bipartisan, bicameral legislation in the 117th Congress.
“You wouldn’t know it from cable news,” said Rep. Phillips. “More often than not, Democrats, Republicans, and Independents agree on the core issues that affect our country. We agree that our infrastructure should be the best in the world, that health care costs are out of control, and that a healthy economy means prosperous businesses and rising wages. The Problem Solvers Caucus thrives because it recognizes that bipartisanship doesn’t come from Congress—it comes from the American people. With President Biden’s help, we can fulfill that mandate, find common ground, and inspire a new era of collaboration in Washington.”
Now with 56 members, evenly divided between Democrats and Republicans, the Problem Solvers Caucus remains committed to finding bipartisan solutions to the major issues we face today. The PSC’s priority agenda for the 117th Congress – listed here in full – is succinctly summarized below.
- COVID-19 RELIEF – to deliver vaccines, rebuild the economy, and get Americans back on their feet
- INFRASTRUCTURE – to restore our highways, railways, airports, and water systems
- IMMIGRATION REFORM – to support the Dreamers, reform the visa system and modernize border security
- HEALTH CARE – to lower drug costs and stabilize the health insurance marketplace
- CLIMATE – to promote clean energy innovation and combat climate change
- ECONOMY – to protect small businesses and ensure that all have access to good-paying jobs
- POLICING – to address racial injustice and support best practices in law enforcement
- NATIONAL DEBT – to get our fiscal house in order and achieve financial stability
- ELECTION SECURITY – to safeguard our elections against foreign and domestic threats