Each spring, the Congressional Institute hosts a nationwide visual art competition to showcase the remarkable talent of high school artists across the country. Since 1982, the competition has served as a celebration of artistic expression and national unity, with one winning entry from each congressional district displayed in a gallery in the U.S. Capitol for one year.
Are you a student artist with talent to share?
Rules for the 2021 competition are available here! Art and materials are due on April 17, 2021.
Discover talented student artists from Minnesota's Third District:
- Click here to view the 2019 Congressional Art Competition Gallery
- Winner: “Roadtrip” by Jenna September, Chaska High School
- 2nd: “After Curfew” by Al-Arrat Mamadou, Osseo High School
- 3rd: “A Proper Wife” by Sunny Moua, Park Center High School
- 4th: “Origami Tonal Drawing” by Marina Olson, Osseo High School
- 5th: “Taken Over By Society” by Diana Vazquez, Bloomington Kennedy High School
- People's Choice: “Sweet Dreams” by Madeline Hergott, Bloomington Kennedy High School
- Click here to view the 2020 Congressional Art Competition Gallery
- Winner: “Fuwa Fuwa” by Lena Pak, Minnetonka High School
- 2nd: “I’m Right Here” by Kaylee Fischer, Park Center High School
- 3rd: “Waiting” by Hailey Olson, Osseo High School
- 4th: “Mother” by Cyn-Wei Tan, Chaska High School
- 5th: “Searching” by Maddie Behrens, Chaska High School
- People’s Choice: “A Cherished Gift” by Catrielle Barnett, Minnesota Connections Academy