Community Project Funding Requests
The House Committee on Appropriations recently announced that Community Project Funding requests (formerly known as earmarks) from Members of Congress will be considered in the fiscal year 2022 cycle. Each Member of Congress may submit ten projects to the Appropriations Committee for consideration. If you represent a local government or nonprofit entity with a community project that is located in Minnesota's Third District, or one that serves its residents, please return your proposal to the Office of Rep. Dean Phillips by 6PM CST on Friday, April 9, 2021 by completing the appropriate form below in order to be considered.
In order for a project request to be considered for submission, it must first meet all of the eligibility criteria set out by the House Appropriations Committee. If it is eligible, our office will use the following criteria to review requests and select up to ten for formal submission:
- Is this project located in Minnesota’s Third District? If not, will it serve the residents of Minnesota’s Third District?
- Does the project stand a reasonable chance of being funded?
- Will the project make a broad and positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of the residents of Minnesota’s Third District?
Community engagement and support is crucial in determining which projects are worthy of Federal funding. Only projects with demonstrated community support will be considered. Please note that the Office of Congressman Phillips cannot guarantee that the selected project(s) will receive funding. Final decisions regarding which projects receive funding will be made by the House Appropriations Committee. If you would like to submit a project for consideration, click here to find the appropriate subcommittee and fill out the corresponding form below:
- Agriculture, Rural Development, FDA, and Related Agencies
- Commerce, Justice, and Science
- Energy and Water
- Financial Services and General Government
- Homeland Security
- Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Labor, Health, and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction, Veterans’ Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Transportation, Housing, and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Projects that are selected for submission will be posted here for public review.