Help with a Federal Agency

Navigating the federal government can be difficult, frustrating, and filled with bureaucratic red tape - but you don’t have to do it alone. If your benefits are backlogged, if you feel you’ve been treated unfairly by a federal agency, or if you just aren’t getting an answer from one, Rep. Dean Phillips and his team will work to get you fair and timely assistance.

Every resident of Minnesota's Third Congressional District is invited to contact us for assistance with federal agencies. To help us better serve you, please complete all information in the form below. Upon completion, a printable page will be generated for you to sign and return to our office. Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence, such as —

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with the Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number for individuals) for an Internal Revenue Service issue;
  • Your address, home phone number, and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary; and
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved.
Please note: The Privacy Act of 1974 requires Members of Congress and their staff to have written authorization before they may obtain information about an individual's case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request. Upon completion, please review, print, and sign the document below before returning it to our office. 

Authorization Form

This is a three-step process:

  1. Fill in the form with the required data; then click the “Generate Request for Review” button at the bottom of the page.
  2. Review the form to ensure all data is accurate.
  3. Print and sign the form.
  4. Return the document to our office in one of the following ways:

In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, I give Representative Dean Phillips authority to act on my behalf.

* Required fields

Your Information

What are these options?
Constituents who are hard of hearing or use a video phone have the option to choose TDD or VP, based on the type of device they are using. This allows our office to respond to them accordingly. The default option ("Voice") is a standard telephone.

Please do not include your Social Security number if your case inquiry is immigration-related. This form requires you to print, sign and mail, fax or hand-deliver the signed document. Your Social Security number will not be transmitted electronically.
Agency/Military Information
Immigration-related Information

Print This Form

Use the "Generate Request for Review" button below to produce the document authorizing our office to help you. Print and sign this document. Then mail, email, fax or hand-deliver the document using the contact information shown on the form. Please include any other documents or material that you think would help our office help you.