Skip to Content

Appropriations Requests

Our Founding Fathers trusted Congress —and in particular, the House of Representatives— with the “power of the purse,” the prerogative to tax and spend on behalf of the federal government and the American people. Every year, Congress passes 12 annual appropriation acts, as well as supplemental appropriation acts as needed. These appropriation acts provide budget authority to obligate and expend funds from the U.S. Treasury for specific purposes. As your member of Congress, Rep. Phillips is on a mission to bring more federal investments back to Minnesota and advocates for appropriations that will benefit our community - that's where you come in.

Click here to request FY23 programmatic funding.

Click here to request FY23 reports or bill language.

The deadline to apply for FY23 appropriations through the Office of Rep. Dean Phillips is April 15, 2022 at 5:00 PM (ET). If your organization has a connection to Minnesota's Third District and would like more information about the appropriations process, please call our Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-2871