Help with a Federal Agency
Navigating the federal government to get your benefits can be difficult, frustrating, and filled with bureaucratic red tape - but you don’t have to do it alone. If your benefits are backlogged, if you feel you’ve been treated unfairly by a federal agency, or if you just aren’t getting an answer from one, Rep. Dean Phillips and his team will work to get you fair and timely assistance.
Residents of Minnesota' Third Congressional District may contact us for assistance in dealing with federal agencies. In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to our office.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence, such as —
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with the Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number for individuals) for an Internal Revenue Service issue;
- Your address, home phone number, and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary; and
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved.
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they may obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request. Please review, print and sign the document after it's generated from the information you enter below.
This is a three-step process:
- Fill in the form with the required data; then click the “Generate Request for Review” button at the bottom of the page.
- Review the form to ensure all data is accurate.
- Print and sign the form.
- Return the document to our office in one of the following ways:
- Mail to Office of Rep. Dean Phillips, Suite 200, 13911 Risgedale Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55305
- Scan and email to MN03DP.Casework@mail.house.gov