Help with a Federal Agency
If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely manner, or if you feel you've been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response.
Residents of the 3rd Congressional District of Minnesota may contact us for assistance in dealing with federal agencies. In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to our office.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence, such as —
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with the Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number for individuals) for an Internal Revenue Service issue;
- Your address, home phone number, and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary; and
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved.
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they may obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request. Please review, print and sign the document after it's generated from the information you enter below.
This is a three-step process:
- Fill in the form with the required data; then click the “Generate Request for Review” button at the bottom of the page.
- Review the form to ensure all data is accurate.
- Print and sign the form.
- Return the document to our office in one of the following ways:
- Mail to Office of Rep. Dean Phillips, 1305 Longworth HOB, Washington, DC 20515;
- Scan and email to MN03DP.Casework@mail.house.gov;
- Fax to (202) 225-6351; or
- Hand-deliver to 1305 Longworth House Office Building between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on any weekday.